First Use and Warranty
1. Wash the layer of rock dust off of the sauna rocks before using them.
2. When your sauna is set up and working you should “break-in” the sauna before using it for the first time. Turn it on its highest setting and keep it like that for about 1 hour. This is recommended to burn off any oils and impurities from manufacturing, and it also “cures” the woodwork. After about 3⁄4 hour, slowly pour about one litre of cold water on the rocks. It should all turn to steam and not come out of the bottom of the heater. If it does, you’re pouring too fast.
3. It is considered good sauna etiquette that guests take a shower with soap and sit on a double-layer of terrycloth towels to prevent perspiration from getting onto the benches and walls where the oils will accumulate over time.
4. Under normal conditions, a slight wash of the floor and benches several times a year will maintain its cleanliness.
5. Wood stoves may require similar cleaning as per household wood stove fireplaces, inspect for excess buildup in the firebox and chimney every few months.
The Muskoka Sauna Company warrants our saunas against defects in materials and workmanship under normal/residential use for a period of (1) year, as applicable, from the date of receipt of the product by the original end-user purchaser.
This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear and/or natural weather conditions.
This warranty does not cover regular required maintenance of the sauna, (eg. Tightening bands on the barrels, cleaning or staining the sauna) refer to your sauna assembly manual for maintenance guidelines.
This warranty does not cover misuse or negligence and the manufacturer and associated retailers are not liable for any injury or damage caused by the product.